HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Larry Fink and His BlackR...

Thu Mar 3, 2016, 03:53 PM

Larry Fink and His BlackRock Team Poised to Take Over Hillary Clintonís Treasury Department

Larry Fink and His BlackRock Team Poised to Take Over Hillary Clintonís Treasury Department
David Dayen

Goldman Sachs paid Hillary Clinton $675,000 for three speeches, but an even bigger Wall Street player stands ready to mold and enact her economic and financial policy if she becomes president.

BlackRock is far from a household name, but it is the largest asset management firm in the world, controlling $4.6 trillion in investor funds ó about a trillion dollars more than the annual federal budget, and five times the assets of Goldman Sachs. And Larry Fink, BlackRockís CEO, has assembled a veritable shadow government full of former Treasury Department officials at his company.

Fink has made clear his desire to become Treasury Secretary someday. The Obama administration had him on the short list to replace Timothy Geithner. When that didnít materialize, he pulled several members of prior Treasury Departments into high-level positions at the firm, which may improve the prospects of realizing his dream in a future Clinton administration.

And his priorities appear to be so in sync with Clintonís that itís not entirely clear who shares whose agenda.

Clinton, for her part, has refused to rule out a Treasury Secretary drawn from Wall Street.

Continued:
https://theintercept.com/2016/03/02/larry-fink-and-his-blackrock-team-poised-to-take-over-hillary-clintons-treasury-department/

6 replies, 1439 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Larry Fink and His BlackRock Team Poised to Take Over Hillary Clintonís Treasury Department (Original post)
newthinking Mar 2016 OP
highprincipleswork Mar 2016 #1
newthinking Mar 2016 #2
Darb Mar 2016 #3
highprincipleswork Mar 2016 #4
Darb Mar 2016 #5
highprincipleswork Mar 2016 #6

Response to newthinking (Original post)

Thu Mar 3, 2016, 04:00 PM

1. You wouldn't even imagine this from Bernie. This is f'ed.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to highprincipleswork (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 3, 2016, 04:07 PM

2. Bernie will bring in the best and brightest looking to the future

His cabinet will look like they did in older Democratic administrations before the $$$$ cult took over.

Reply to this post

Response to newthinking (Original post)

Thu Mar 3, 2016, 04:33 PM

3. It's true. Hillary told me.

Close to a shark jump. Not quite though, just bogus.

Reply to this post

Response to Darb (Reply #3)

Thu Mar 3, 2016, 05:26 PM

4. I know, Hillary will employ the most enlightened economists, even those that disagreed with Bill.

Reply to this post

Response to highprincipleswork (Reply #4)

Thu Mar 3, 2016, 05:28 PM

5. I'll have to ask her. Hang on a minute.

Now where is my celly?

Reply to this post

Response to Darb (Reply #5)

Thu Mar 3, 2016, 05:38 PM

6. You do that. In the meantime, just check out what she does and has done in the past.

That should be clear enough.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread