HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » A powerful new centrist v...

Tue Jan 29, 2019, 08:58 PM

A powerful new centrist voice emerges in our national discourse

Surprise! This article is from the Daily Koz and is about AOC and the Overton Window.

It is well worth reading, though it may make some uncomfortable. It tickles me!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1/28/1830436/-A-powerful-new-centrist-voice-emerges-in-our-national-discourse?utm_campaign=trending

Very cool! I really like AOC.

?1546831570

2 replies, 1611 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply A powerful new centrist voice emerges in our national discourse (Original post)
PatrickforO Jan 2019 OP
guillaumeb Jan 2019 #1
delisen Jan 2019 #2

Response to PatrickforO (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2019, 09:14 PM

1. Recommended.

From the article:

Is she shifting the Overton Window? Oh yeah. But she is shifting that window away from a fictional location carefully maintained by the powerful, to a place that matches what a majority of our country actually wants.
More than any other new public figure in our country, Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez excels at revealing sensible, important, common-sense truths in a manner that leaves us shaking our heads and wondering how we let ourselves become convinced that we can only achieve minor, incremental victories for decency, equality, and justice in our country.
What’s so radical about her, anyway?

The rich control the media, and the dialogue, and what is considered acceptable and possible.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PatrickforO (Original post)

Tue Jan 29, 2019, 09:31 PM

2. What was not possible in 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and 2016 is now possible

Conditions are much changed.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread