HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » My answer to Comey's "Wha...

Wed May 1, 2019, 01:30 PM

My answer to Comey's "What happened to these people?"

In 2006 the Republicans were at best in shambles. The war had not only been horribly miss run but it was clearly a lie. Katrina exposes them as careless and uncaring. They had fallen apart. THEN all their rhetoric and policies lead to the biggest financial and economic collapse in history.

They survived because the media needed them. No one will watch a one horse race. Slowly they climbed back. First with a split in their party orchestrated to divert attention from recent disastrous history. The lines were blurred as to who did what before the collapse.

Right now they know this is their last chance to avoid obliteration. If Trump goes down, if hes charged or kicked out of office they will be in the wilderness for years. And they know it.

Answer: this is survival mode for them and the preservation of the two party system as weve known it, or at least their place in it. All hands on deck.

2 replies, 1053 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply My answer to Comey's "What happened to these people?" (Original post)
underpants May 2019 OP
rampartc May 2019 #1
StevieM May 2019 #2

Response to underpants (Original post)

Wed May 1, 2019, 01:39 PM

1. i wish you were right

but these are snakes who must be utterly defeated.

it took only 6 years from nixon's resignation until reagan's election (and the democratic economic surrender in the "washington consensus." iran contra cost them nothing. 2 years from the economuc collapse to the tea party. now this unspeakable monster.......

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rampartc (Reply #1)

Wed May 1, 2019, 10:28 PM

2. The fact that nobody suffered any consequences for Iran-Contra was a real turning point

for our country.

Oliver North being treated like a hero was a real turning point for our country.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread