HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Mitt Romney's Trump Indic...

Sun Oct 20, 2019, 07:43 PM

Mitt Romney's Trump Indictment

https://www.axios.com/mitt-romney-axios-hbo-donald-trump-indicment-c9ecd74f-d9c9-4988-9480-37352ed78607.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

Talking to me at his home outside Salt Lake City, Romney made it clear that he's open to voting to remove Trump.

Romney — a former Massachusetts governor, and his party's presidential candidate in 2012 — wants to be seen as a fair juror, and would have a high bar: He pointed out that presidents have done things that were wrong or perhaps even illegal, and not been removed from office.

But Romney, who has called Trump's pleas for China and Ukraine to investigate the Bidens "wrong and appalling," went even further with me: "It was shocking, in my opinion, for the president to do so — and a mistake for him to do. I can't imagine coming to a different point of view."

2 replies, 877 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Mitt Romney's Trump Indictment (Original post)
Qutzupalotl Oct 20 OP
tymorial Oct 20 #1
Qutzupalotl Oct 20 #2

Response to Qutzupalotl (Original post)

Sun Oct 20, 2019, 07:54 PM

1. Not just a mistake. Completely unconscionable, despicable and absolutely illegal.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to tymorial (Reply #1)

Sun Oct 20, 2019, 08:03 PM

2. I completely agree.

I posted this just to show some Republicans are willing to speak out now, much more now than just a short time ago. With the horrors we’re seeing in Syria, I think more will be willing to criticize in the near future.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread