HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Rod Rosenstein Didn't 'La...

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 08:40 AM

Rod Rosenstein Didn't 'Land the Plane.' He Made Sure It Never Left the Ground.

The New York Times reports the former deputy attorney general instructed Special Counsel Robert Mueller not to investigate Donald Trump's personal and financial ties to Russia.

By Charles P. Pierce
Aug 31, 2020

Sooner or later, even though the investigation into the president’s involvement with the Russian ratfcking in the 2016 election had been swept out of the news cycle by all manner of fresh hell, when last we left the saga, there was an unmistakable feeling that there had been a careeRosensteinist in the woodpile. On Sunday, The New York Times handed us a big old clue.

But law enforcement officials never fully investigated Mr. Trump’s own relationship with Russia, even though some career F.B.I. counterintelligence investigators thought his ties posed such a national security threat that they took the extraordinary step of opening an inquiry into them. Within days, the former deputy attorney Rod J. Rosenstein curtailed the investigation without telling the bureau, all but ensuring it would go nowhere...

Mr. Rosenstein concluded the F.B.I. lacked sufficient reason to conduct an investigation into the president’s links to a foreign adversary. Mr. Rosenstein determined that the investigators were acting too hastily in response to the firing days earlier of James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, and he suspected that the acting bureau director who approved the opening of the inquiry, Andrew G. McCabe, had conflicts of interest.

“We opened this case in May 2017 because we had information that indicated a national security threat might exist, specifically a counterintelligence threat involving the president and Russia,” Mr. McCabe said. “I expected that issue and issues related to it would be fully examined by the special counsel team. If a decision was made not to investigate those issues, I am surprised and disappointed. I was not aware of that.”

More:
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a33848359/rod-rosenstein-trump-russia-block-robert-mueller/

8 replies, 935 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Rod Rosenstein Didn't 'Land the Plane.' He Made Sure It Never Left the Ground. (Original post)
Judi Lynn Aug 2020 OP
jrthin Aug 2020 #1
c-rational Aug 2020 #2
lastlib Aug 2020 #3
jrthin Aug 2020 #8
Ninga Aug 2020 #4
flying_wahini Aug 2020 #5
dalton99a Aug 2020 #6
Rebl2 Aug 2020 #7

Response to Judi Lynn (Original post)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 08:45 AM

1. This man should be treated like a pariah. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jrthin (Reply #1)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 08:48 AM

2. +1 Agreed.

Reply to this post

Response to jrthin (Reply #1)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 08:59 AM

3. He should be treated like a rabid skunk--

caged, quarantined, and eventually put down mercifully.

I am SICK of these rat-fucking basturds!!

Reply to this post

Response to lastlib (Reply #3)

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 10:09 AM

8. +1000 nt

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 08:59 AM

4. A shit storm of epic proportions. Rosenstein needs to be stripped naked and put on display

in the public square......

Just.A.Continuing. Mess.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 09:12 AM

5. I want to know why This important info is just coming out NOW?

They have been sitting on this for how long? And who released it in the beginning?

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 09:43 AM

6. Everything went according to plan.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 31, 2020, 09:50 AM

7. Why isn't

the House investigating him? Haul him in and grill him!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread