HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Joe Biden Has 91 Percent ...

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 09:07 AM

Joe Biden Has 91 Percent Chance of Winning Electoral College, Latest Economist Forecast Predicts

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-has-91-percent-chance-winning-electoral-college-latest-economist-forecast-predicts-1538496

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has a seemingly prohibitive chance of winning the presidency after gaining a majority of electoral college votes, according to the latest election forecast from The Economist.

Biden is given a 91 percent chance of winning the electoral college in the forecast as of Monday, while President Donald Trump is given a 9 percent chance. The forecast also predicts that the former vice president is all but certain to win a majority of the popular vote, having a 99 percent chance of winning the lion's share of the national vote.

With 270 electoral college votes needed to win the presidency, Biden is predicted to win an estimated 347 electoral votes, while 191 are estimated for Trump. The forecast is based on a predictive model that simulates 20,000 plausible election outcomes, with each simulation varying vote shares to account for possible polling errors.

Although the model puts the president at a distinct disadvantage, it does not completely write him off. A range of 116 to 312 electoral votes are predicted for Trump, while 226 to 422 votes are predicted for Biden. Scenarios where neither candidate reaches 270 votes were predicted in fewer than 1 percent of simulations.

5 replies, 1075 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Joe Biden Has 91 Percent Chance of Winning Electoral College, Latest Economist Forecast Predicts (Original post)
ItsjustMe Oct 13 OP
Turbineguy Oct 13 #1
Sherman A1 Oct 13 #2
VivaResitance Oct 13 #3
CaptainTruth Oct 13 #4
tormadjax Oct 13 #5

Response to ItsjustMe (Original post)

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 09:44 AM

1. I have a 91% chance of surviving COVID-19

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 09:45 AM

2. I hope that changes to 110% chance

and Biden wins 1813 Electoral votes from 63 states and several planets.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 10:10 AM

3. Not enough

Still need to vote.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 11:25 AM

4. Let's vote & make it so! I can't take a repeat of 2016.

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 13, 2020, 12:07 PM

5. It's in the bag!!!!! n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread