HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Michael Dreeben, formerly...

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 08:41 PM

Michael Dreeben, formerly of the Mueller special counsel's office, has joined the legal team of Cy V

But there was a fourth team, CNN has learned: partly dedicated to investigating the Egypt matter.” PARTLY? What else was that fourth team investigating? OR is Vance now looking into Egypt since The Barr-appointed Sherwin took over at the DC US Attorneys office...
Mueller, She Wrote Podcast
@MuellerSheWrote

·
2h
And closed the case this past June? We know Vance took over the hush money campaign violation case after Barr shut it down in the SDNY. Maybe Vance picked up multiple campaign finance violation investigations related to the trump organization including Egypt.
Mueller, She Wrote Podcast
@MuellerSheWrote
·
3h
After all, when the Egypt case was handed off, prosecutors said it was “continuing robustly” and was “still very much a live issue”. I wonder if Dreben was on that secret fourth team in the Mueller probe.
END

4 replies, 954 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Michael Dreeben, formerly of the Mueller special counsel's office, has joined the legal team of Cy V (Original post)
Budi Oct 16 OP
jrthin Oct 16 #1
DonaldsRump Oct 16 #2
Budi Oct 16 #4
Budi Oct 16 #3

Response to Budi (Original post)

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 09:01 PM

1. Not impressed. Are they joining to silently sit by

as Cy Vance lets trump off the hook: the same way they sat silent as Mueller let trump off the hook.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jrthin (Reply #1)

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 09:12 PM

2. I would tend to agree

Mueller and his team did nothing, when they could have done so much. According to one of their own top prosecutors, they were afraid that Trump would disband them.

There is nothing exceptional about "Bobby Three Sticks" and his merry band of lawyers who really did nothing, and, even worse, allowed their work to be spun into exoneration of Trump.

Nothing.

Reply to this post

Response to DonaldsRump (Reply #2)

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 09:26 PM

4. We know only what they were allowed to say & remember, it was Barr & Rosenstein who ....

...ordred Mueller to only report what he was asked to.

What else his team found in the course of it all was handed off to a 4th team when the case was told to wrap up.

Dreeben, it is now believed, was that 4th Mueller team who now has joined Vance.
Barr has fired any prosecutor that came close to this story & hired his own.

I have no idea what they have nor how it will end. But the addition of Dreeben & Egypt to the mix is a BFD.

They aren't telling us a thing more.
And that's how it should be, tho unfortunately for us wonks. 🤔

I got nothing else.

Reply to this post

Response to jrthin (Reply #1)

Fri Oct 16, 2020, 09:18 PM

3. I do not know. I have always had zero faith in Vance.

However, Dreeben is another vrey bright side of this.

I have no doubt Dreeben is there because craps getting serious for this case.
His reputation is exactly what thos case needs since it involves the SC at some pointt.

The latest quirk in the case is the addition of Eqypt.
I've read bits about it & what I gather is that Egypt's the big kahouna, the source that will bring down hard, the whole thing on hidden money sources for Trump.

It seems to be developing & a lot osn't being revealed to the public, but the addition of Dreeben is worth noting.

Here's more from Wendy Seigelman. My fav go to source for this sort of detailed findings.
She does her homework & is always really meticulous & interesting

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread