HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Donald Trump flails and s...

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 12:59 PM

Donald Trump flails and shows no ability to reset as some Republicans voice their concerns

As President Donald Trump began a packed day of events Friday, he delivered an unusually somber message to seniors -- a group he won in 2016 and desperately needs to win back -- speaking of the pain and grief inflicted by the coronavirus pandemic.

"My heart breaks for every grieving family that has lost a precious loved one," Trump said in Fort Myers, Florida, where he also promised the crowd that he would dedicate his life to seniors. "I feel their anguish and I mourn their loss. I feel their pain. I know that the terrible pain that they have gone through, and you lose someone, and it's nothing to describe what you have to bear. There's nothing to describe it."

But it wasn't long before the President's surprising shift in tone -- one that might have actually helped him win back the many voters he has alienated -- was gone, and he had pivoted back to his old tactics at two campaign rallies later in the day.

Nearly two weeks before Election Day, Trump is trailing former Vice President Joe Biden by wide margins in national and key swing state polls. But he undercut his own message again on Friday, showing how unwilling he is to stick to any strategy that would broaden his appeal beyond his own base.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-flails-and-shows-no-ability-to-reset-as-some-republicans-voice-their-concerns/ar-BB1a7kfQ?li=BB141NW3&ocid=DELLDHP

3 replies, 722 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Donald Trump flails and shows no ability to reset as some Republicans voice their concerns (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Oct 17 OP
RainCaster Oct 17 #1
erronis Oct 17 #2
vlyons Oct 17 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 01:07 PM

1. Four years too late

This is the Party Of Trump. No way around it.
These GOP dolts sold their souls to the Russians four years ago for a taste of power. Now they are trying to find a conscience, but it's too late. No refunds, no exchanges.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 01:10 PM

2. I won't watch his delivery, but no way he wasn't reading from some super-large text.

I'm sure others have thought about being able to hack into those teleprompter messages.

Of course his brain has already been hacked.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 17, 2020, 01:16 PM

3. His tears are crocodile tears

Phoney, lying bastard. He could have created a plan to defeat Covid, but ya know, that actually takes work and concentrated focused thought, and letting experts take the lead and get the credit.

I have to calm myself down. His lies and bullshit are soooooo tiresome.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread