HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Trump, Biden, Hunter, Cha...

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 11:54 AM

Trump, Biden, Hunter, Chaos From the WSJ's Henninger

(they are finally facing the truth)

(snip)

So what has the president done since the bizarre first presidential debate to turn the turnips in his direction?

To reassure their concerns on Covid-19, he called Anthony Fauci an ďidiot.Ē Dr. Fauci is a maddening media hog, but why would an 11th-hour assault on a nominal leader of his own coronavirus team do anything for the president but subtract votes?

Even Mr. Trumpís most ardent supporters acknowledge the reality of ambivalence about the presidentís routine belligerence. At a recent Pennsylvania rally, Mr. Trump called out to suburban women: ďWill you please like me?Ē Within days of asking undecided women to vote for him, he calls the Bidens ďa criminal family.Ē Appalling swamp creatures, perhaps, but the Gambinos?

Outside the world of Never Trumpers, it has been difficult not to marvel at Mr. Trumpís refusal to bow to political convention. But one evident price for this persistent anti-convention is that from day one, and despite a quite remarkable record of economic vitality, his presidential approval rating has never crossed 50%. Why not? Again, the Biden campaignís not-irrational conclusion is that Mr. Trump simply rubs enough of the American public the wrong way to ensure his inability to win re-election.

So it is not unreasonable to wonder if the president has decided that if heís going down, it will be in a final Trumpian blaze of invective and defiance.

The undecided turnips canít go to sleep until they resolve what the 2020 election has come down to: Is hating Trump enough? Is disapproval of a presidentís personality sufficient reason to transfer power to Joe Biden and the Democratic Party? For some, and this includes voters who admire most of Mr. Trumpís policies, the blunt answer is yes. Many of them have a personal final-straw story, for instance Mr. Trumpís shabby dismissal of former Defense Secretary and Marine Gen. Jim Mattis.

More..

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-biden-hunter-chaos-11603315696 (subscription)

4 replies, 738 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump, Biden, Hunter, Chaos From the WSJ's Henninger (Original post)
question everything Oct 22 OP
grumpyduck Oct 22 #1
yonder Oct 22 #2
question everything Oct 22 #3
yonder Oct 22 #4

Response to question everything (Original post)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 12:00 PM

1. "Is disapproval of a president's personality sufficient reason to transfer power... "

" ...to Joe Biden and the Democratic Party?"

Well, excuse me all to hell and back, but isn't that exactly what the GOP and Fox have been doing all along?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to question everything (Original post)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 12:26 PM

2. I didn't care for the article much.

There were too many cushions and bumpers to ease any blows to trumpism.

"Appalling swamp creatures, perhaps, but the Gambinos?" in reference to the Biden family? Give me a break. The Bidens have spent years sacrificing and working hard in the interest of public service and that is dismissed as "appalling swamp creatures"? BS to the WSJ.

Reply to this post

Response to yonder (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 12:33 PM

3. I am sure that he was grinding his teeth when he wrote this

this is why I added that they are starting to get used to it.

Adjacent to this one is the one about the myth of Trump's economy, posted above.

Reply to this post

Response to question everything (Reply #3)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 12:38 PM

4. I just read that one -- like night and day in my biased mind.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread