HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Obama skewers Trump as fo...

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 02:07 PM

Obama skewers Trump as former president hits campaign trail

Obama lambasted President Donald Trump’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed more than 220,000 Americans and infected nearly 8.4 million — including the president, members of his family and many of his top aides.

“Donald Trump isn’t suddenly going to protect all of us,” Obama said at a drive-in rally in the city’s stadium district. “He can’t even take the basic steps to protect himself.”

He also remarked upon a recent New York Times report detailing a bank account Trump holds in China, as part of its long-running investigation into the president’s finances.

“Can you imagine if I had had a secret Chinese bank account when I was running for reelection?” Obama said, joking that conservative media would have “called me Beijing Barry.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/21/barack-obama-skewers-trump-431047

1 replies, 311 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama skewers Trump as former president hits campaign trail (Original post)
BlueWavePsych Oct 22 OP
FirstLight Oct 22 #1

Response to BlueWavePsych (Original post)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 02:21 PM

1. I literally re-watched it like half-dozen times...

God I miss that man...(and JOE!) being in the driver's seat of this Nation...

You know, the fucking fact that Joe has been VP to Obama during those amazing 8 years is really icing on th cake of his lifetime of public service and experience...can't wait for his inauguration!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread