HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » "Maxwell Never Saw Clinto...

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 02:57 PM

"Maxwell Never Saw Clinton on Epstein's Island": Deposition Update

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-10-22/ghislaine-maxwell-s-2016-deposition-is-unsealed-maxwell-update

Maxwell Never Saw Clinton on Epstein’s Island: Deposition Update

SNIP
“I Don’t Know What You Mean by Puppet” (2:39 p.m.)
There are several pages of questions about a puppet, including a sustained back-and-forth about how a puppet is defined. According to Slate, which says it has cracked the code for some of the redactions, these are references to Prince Andrew. Maxwell says in the deposition that she doesn’t recall asking Virginia Giuffre to sit on someone’s lap with a puppet -- or “caricature” -- of a person whose name was redacted.

Never Saw Bill Clinton on Epstein’s Island (2:10 p.m.)

Bill Clinton never visited Epstein’s private Caribbean island while Maxwell was there, according to her sworn testimony. Pressed to describe any instances in which Epstein hosted the former president on his private plane or his island, Little St. James, she responded emphatically.

Virginia is absolutely totally lying,” she testified. “This is a subject of defamation about Virginia and the lies she has told and one of [the] lies she told was that President Clinton was on the island where I was present. Absolutely 1000% that is a flat-out total fabrication and lie.”

Clinton’s name is one of the few that weren’t redacted in the 465-page document, which includes several pages of questions about men Epstein knew and whether they were introduced to girls. There is no evidence the 42nd president engaged in any wrongdoing in association with Epstein.
MORE..

WHY wasn't Bill Clinton's name redacted along with the many others?

Who decided Clinton's name be exposed while other prominant names be hidden from public view?

7 replies, 1178 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Maxwell Never Saw Clinton on Epstein's Island": Deposition Update (Original post)
Budi Oct 22 OP
Bernardo de La Paz Oct 22 #1
FM123 Oct 22 #2
58Sunliner Oct 22 #3
StevieM Oct 22 #5
mopinko Oct 22 #4
StevieM Oct 22 #6
Budi Oct 22 #7

Response to Budi (Original post)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 03:32 PM

1. Why not redacted? I think because Clinton's name on record in the Giuffre case. . . . nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 03:38 PM

2. Exactly! Who is doing the deciding?

WHY wasn't Bill Clinton's name redacted along with the many others?

Who decided Clinton's name be exposed while other prominant names be hidden from public view?

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 04:14 PM

3. Several others weren't redacted either. So what. The flight logs show Clinton taking trips.

How is that some actually believe a trafficker and a rapist when it suits them. I don't know what happened, irrefutably, but I don't think I'm going to count on the word of a perpetrator. Please tell me what the victim gains from identifying BC. She does not allege anything regarding him, merely states he was seen on the island.
And can anyone really say that Clinton did not know what Epstein was? He isn't blind, deaf or dumb. It was, apparently known, exactly what JE's predilections were. It really strains credulity to try to posture a defense behind this criminal woman.

Reply to this post

Response to 58Sunliner (Reply #3)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 09:19 PM

5. I will say he didn't know.

And President Clinton does not require a defense. There is no evidence demonstrating he did anything wrong.

Criminals don't publicly announce they are committing crimes, and Bill had no way of knowing what one person he knew--one of thousands--was up to.

Bill Clinton decided to use his post-presidency to set up a global charity that has saved what may well be millions of lives. That requires a constant effort to reach out to wealthy people in order to ask them for donations. That doesn't make him responsible for the actions of those donors, let alone indicative that he may be taking part in their crimes.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 04:35 PM

4. he always struck me as the enthusiastic consent sort.

at least in all the dreams i had about him he was.

but srsly, jennifer flowers said some stuff that led me to believe he was a guy who wanted grown women who were all in.

Reply to this post

Response to mopinko (Reply #4)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 09:25 PM

6. I agree.

Every single accusation of harassment and assault against him was in some way connected to Ken Starr. But I did not find the stories to be credible, much the way I did not see the stories accusing him of murder and drug running to be credible.

Reply to this post

Response to StevieM (Reply #6)

Thu Oct 22, 2020, 09:50 PM

7. Thanks. Starr AND Roger Stone...no one sets up a charachter damning sex scandal like Roger Stone!

Stone has been behind more salacious hits on an opponant than anyone in history.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread