HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » That's the Last We Need t...

Fri Oct 23, 2020, 08:26 AM

That's the Last We Need to Hear From Trump

He was nasty. He was dishonest. Next, please.

By Frank Bruni

Itís funny that everybody talks about Joe Biden as the old jalopy in this race, because on Thursday night in Nashville, it was Donald Trump who seemed to be running on fumes.

I donít mean physically: He had his full repertoire of facial expressions (cocky, kooky, menacing, martyred) and the usual grating bray. I mean metaphorically. I mean politically.

He needed to show voters something different from what he had been showing them over the course of this wretched year, and he just didnít have it in him.

He needed to part company with his foul temper, but thatís really the only weather left in him. His calmness during the first third or so of the debate gave way to the usual excitability during the rest of it. He was back to his characteristic grandiosity, his customary falsehoods, his mocking, his taunting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/23/opinion/debate-trump-biden-.html

2 replies, 737 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply That's the Last We Need to Hear From Trump (Original post)
Zorro Oct 23 OP
Harker Oct 23 #1
calguy Oct 23 #2

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Fri Oct 23, 2020, 08:43 AM

1. He is what he is. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Fri Oct 23, 2020, 09:16 AM

2. I agree with the Op

I thought trump did exceptionally well (for him) the first half or so of the debate. He seemed disciplined to a degree and didn't interrupt too much. But as the debate wore on, he gradually lost that discipline and slowly but surely reverted back to his old self, because that's who ho is and he can't help himself. He knew he has to score a knock out punch, and when that clearly didn't happen in the first half, he got desperate once again lost his composure, and lot the debate.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread