HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Trump's Remarks at Sweari...

Tue Oct 27, 2020, 01:10 PM

Trump's Remarks at Swearing-In Ceremony of Amy Coney Barrett; October 26, 2020

REMARKS

Remarks by President Trump at Swearing-In Ceremony of the Honorable Amy Coney Barrett as Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States

LAW & JUSTICE

Issued on: October 26, 2020

South Lawn
9:06 P.M. EDT

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Appreciate it. Thank you very much. Distinguished guests and my fellow citizens, this is a momentous day for America, for the United States Constitution, and for the fair and impartial rule of law.

{snip}

It is highly fitting that Justice Barrett fills the seat of a true pioneer for women: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Tonight, Justice Barrett becomes not only the fifth woman to serve on our nationís highest court, but the very first mother of school-aged children to become a Supreme Court justice. Very important. (Applause.)

{snip}

END 9:23 P.M. EDT

2 replies, 624 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's Remarks at Swearing-In Ceremony of Amy Coney Barrett; October 26, 2020 (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Oct 27 OP
samnsara Oct 27 #1
pfitz59 Oct 27 #2

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Tue Oct 27, 2020, 01:12 PM

1. i hope RBG cursed her seat...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Tue Oct 27, 2020, 06:09 PM

2. So "fair and impartial"

that the ceremony was held at the White House, vice SCOTUS. Loud signal that Barrett is in Trump's court...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread