HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » In the last days of the c...

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 01:02 PM

In the last days of the campaign, Trump wallows in his contempt for his supporters

Sen. Martha McSally, an Arizona Republican, has paid her bootlicking dues. She's repeatedly gone out of her way to show obeisance to Donald Trump, most famously in January when she yelled "liberal hack" repeatedly at a CNN reporter who asked her if the Senate should consider evidence before rushing to acquit Trump during his impeachment trial.

But despite years of bowing and scraping and, of course, voting to acquit Trump despite his obvious guilt, McSally has earned no loyalty in return from her orange master. She's in a tough race against former astronaut Mark Kelly, a Democrat, and has consistently trailed in the polls. At a recent Arizona rally, Trump didn't bother to hide his disdain for McSally's standard political desire to address her own potential voters.

"Martha, just come up fast. Fast. Fast. Come on. Quick," Trump barked at her. "You got one minute! One minute, Martha! They don't want to hear this, Martha. Come on. Let's go. Quick, quick, quick. Come on. Let's go." It was clear that, as always, Trump resents every moment when the spotlight's not in him, even in the context of helping a sycophant.

That moment went viral, since cringeworthy is the emotional fuel of the internet. It also illustrated of one of the most frustrating aspects of Trumpism: Trump treats his own supporters as a pack of morons, but they don't seem to mind and keep on adoring him anyway.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-the-last-days-of-the-campaign-trump-wallows-in-his-contempt-for-his-supporters/ar-BB1avY4p?li=BBnbfcQ&ocid=DELLDHP

5 replies, 1088 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply In the last days of the campaign, Trump wallows in his contempt for his supporters (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Oct 2020 OP
Hoyt Oct 2020 #1
gibraltar72 Oct 2020 #2
Rorey Oct 2020 #3
volstork Oct 2020 #4
Rorey Oct 2020 #5

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 01:05 PM

1. It's really amazing. The other night, trumpsters behind him just smiled while trump said

he really didn't want to be there, just felt it was necessary to beg for votes.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 01:10 PM

2. Was it good for you too Martha?

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 01:11 PM

3. And another thing

I watched the clip. Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I'm appalled when a grown-ass woman calls herself a "girl". "I'm your girl." Ugh.

Reply to this post

Response to Rorey (Reply #3)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 01:38 PM

4. But intellectually and emotionally,

she's really probably 3...
This is the DU member formerly known as volstork.

Reply to this post

Response to volstork (Reply #4)

Thu Oct 29, 2020, 01:40 PM

5. Good point NT

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread