HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Post-Election We Need a B...

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 10:19 AM

Post-Election We Need a Bold Plan for Journalism

Post-Election We Need a Bold Plan for Journalism
by @VWPickard in Common Dreams

Ultimately, the market won't save us. Nor will rich benefactors. We need a systemic fix, a public media option that's dedicated to universal service in its true meaning: all Americans must have access to high quality news and information.

Read the rest here: https://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/30/post-election-we-need-bold-plan-journalism

1 replies, 407 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Post-Election We Need a Bold Plan for Journalism (Original post)
Thaddeus Oct 2020 OP
Laelth Oct 2020 #1

Response to Thaddeus (Original post)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 10:26 AM

1. I want USABlue and USARed.

I want them publicly funded and independent (i.e. free to be partisan and free to choose content based upon ideological bias), but with one caveat. You must tell THE TRUTH, and if you screw up and accidentally peddle a lie, it must be retracted—highly publicly and blatantly.

There will always be two primary political parties in every Republic. History has shown this. Thomas Jefferson argued this. So be it. Let them both speak on the public dime, but get rid of the alternate reality that Fox and OANN peddle. I want two, ideologically opposed, publicly-funded news networks that are both dedicated to TELLING THE TRUTH.

-Laelth

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread