HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » *****EMERSON POLL TRUMP +...

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 09:31 AM

*****EMERSON POLL TRUMP + 1 and GREENFIELD +4****

In Iowa so much for the trash poll at DRM

https://mobile.twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1322907972410945536

https://mobile.twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1322907683507326976

7 replies, 1629 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply *****EMERSON POLL TRUMP + 1 and GREENFIELD +4**** (Original post)
Jamesyu Nov 2020 OP
Claustrum Nov 2020 #1
Iliyah Nov 2020 #2
Thekaspervote Nov 2020 #7
kansasobama Nov 2020 #3
shrike3 Nov 2020 #4
kansasobama Nov 2020 #5
philf99 Nov 2020 #6

Response to Jamesyu (Original post)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 09:34 AM

1. I always thought IA is more a reach than TX.

It was barely competitive when Biden was at his high with Trump's disastrous first debate and his COVID positive period. My impression the whole time is republicans will go home near election day. It's the senate seat that I am looking at there.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Jamesyu (Original post)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 09:43 AM

2. DRM is gold standard of the polling outfits . . . .

that said, they are not perfect.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Iliyah (Reply #2)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 10:50 AM

7. I know they call the DMR the gold standard but after doing so digging

Did not correctly call the last 2 dem primaries,
Did not correctly call the gop primary in 16

Over 20 percent of Selzer’s polls over the years for general elections have been wrong (I think the number I saw somewhere perhaps from Nate Silver was 21). So for GE polling she’s just another fair-to-good-but-not-great pollster that sometimes calls it wrong.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Jamesyu (Original post)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 09:44 AM

3. I agree- Biden should keep it close so that we get the Senate

I have to say Michelle Obama is not helping us by not going to Iowa.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Jamesyu (Original post)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 09:46 AM

4. Good news on the senate race. It'd be great to take that one.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Jamesyu (Original post)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 10:20 AM

5. I tweeted Mrs Obama and asked her to go to IOwa

I am not sure why she is not going. Granted, she is not listening to me.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Jamesyu (Original post)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 10:21 AM

6. The Seltzer poll

Has 12% undecided. That seems high in this environment. Not doubting the quality of the poll. I believe trump will get around 48% so where does the other 52% go to?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread