HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Honest Government Ad Jul...

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 05:27 PM

Honest Government Ad Julian Assange

Pretty vicious language- but I dare you to watch this and say they're wrong...

8 replies, 963 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Honest Government Ad Julian Assange (Original post)
friendly_iconoclast Apr 2019 OP
Kurt V. Apr 2019 #1
friendly_iconoclast Apr 2019 #2
Kurt V. Apr 2019 #3
rogue emissary Apr 2019 #4
bitterross Apr 2019 #5
SkyDaddy7 Apr 2019 #6
rogue emissary Apr 2019 #7
SkyDaddy7 Apr 2019 #8

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 05:46 PM

1. There not wrong. but pre and post Chelsea Manning assange were two different ppl.

that's also around the time some ppl at Wikileaks began leave solely bc of assange

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Kurt V. (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 05:48 PM

2. Personally, I think there are few, if any, clean hands to be found anywhere near this...

Reply to this post

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 05:50 PM

3. i agree

Reply to this post

Response to friendly_iconoclast (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 06:40 PM

4. Easy, their wrong.

Good journalism doesn't equal helping a source commit a crime.

Reply to this post

Response to rogue emissary (Reply #4)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 11:46 PM

5. BWHA HA HA HA HA HA

If you don't believe all those jokes about all those countries being America's "bitches" are accurate then you really have you head in the sand.

The charges are that he assisted. Okay, that's fine. Now prove that.

The prosecution will be doing it's best to blur the line between "encouraging" a source to deliver vs. actually "assisting" a source in cracking passwords.

I have no idea what's in the prosecutor's case.

Tell me this. If I let you know of a site called "craczthepasswords.org" where software can be found and you, subsequently, go there and use their software to crack US passwords am I guilty of the same act? Isn't providing information to someone free speech? Am I supposed to control another person's behavior after I provide them with information? Am I responsible for another person's actions?

If that's the case then you'd better be careful anytime you express an opinion. Because if your opinion is the cause of some one's actions you are liable.

Reply to this post

Response to rogue emissary (Reply #4)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 01:06 PM

6. I agree!

Countries being US bitches has been true many times but it gets overused as well. ASSange will get his day in court with the best defense lawyers in the world representing him & we will see how strong the case against him is. Not to mention he never seemed to "Wikileak" anything concerning brutal regimes & dictators especially his pal Putin! Who kills journalist! His defenders don't seem to mind.

...I think a lot of folks defend Assange simply because he is at war with America & therefore nothing he does is not excusable in their worldview.

...I thought he was suppose to turn himself in if President Obama freed Chelsea Manning? Of course that was a LIE as well.

Reply to this post

Response to SkyDaddy7 (Reply #6)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 01:11 PM

7. Damn I totally forgot Obama called his bluff.

Oh, it's more than seems to not realise. It's been suspected for a while that WikiLeaks has damaging Putin email and intercepts. Same goes for RNC emails as well.

Reply to this post

Response to rogue emissary (Reply #7)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 01:29 PM

8. Yeah...You're right!

I’ve heard the same. He’s the furthest thing from a “journalist”…It is actually an insult to true journalism to label him one. IMHO.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread