HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Jimmy Carter: 'The White ...

Tue Oct 8, 2019, 11:25 PM

Jimmy Carter: 'The White House Is Trying To Stonewall' - Andrea Mitchell - MSNBC

Former President Jimmy Carter, while speaking with MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell from a Habitat for Humanity build days after a fall left him with a black eye and 14 stitches, shares his advice for President Trump, and discusses his thoughts about the impeachment inquiry. Aired on 10/08/19.

8 replies, 690 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jimmy Carter: 'The White House Is Trying To Stonewall' - Andrea Mitchell - MSNBC (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Oct 8 OP
BootinUp Oct 8 #1
Rhiannon12866 Oct 8 #3
mr_lebowski Oct 8 #2
lunatica Oct 9 #4
Rhiannon12866 Oct 9 #5
Scarsdale Oct 9 #6
Rhiannon12866 Oct 9 #8
malthaussen Oct 9 #7

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Tue Oct 8, 2019, 11:43 PM

1. He's still pretty sharp, certainly for his age. Nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BootinUp (Reply #1)

Tue Oct 8, 2019, 11:55 PM

3. I have his autobiography from 2015 and his recollection of facts, names and dates is phenomenal

I have the audio version - read by the author! - and though I'm sure he was working from notes and his diaries, it goes into fascinating detail on important events of his life, including his presidency. It's called "A Full Life: Reflections at 90," and I recommend it highly. I learned so many fascinating details about many important events, including the Camp David Accords in 1978!

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 8, 2019, 11:52 PM

2. Salt of the Earth, Class Act, every positive description you can come up with ...

This man qualifies for it all ...

Bless You, Jimmy Carter ... a far, far, FAAAAAR better man than the current Squatter-in-Chief.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 02:46 AM

4. I love Jimmy Carter

I never regretted voting for him.

Reply to this post

Response to lunatica (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 02:51 AM

5. Me, neither!

He was the very first candidate that I paid attention to and I really liked him before he even got the nomination. And he has never disappointed, not once! I have his autobiography, "A Full Life: Reflections at 90" - have it on audio, read by the author! - and not only has he led a fascinating life, but I learned that I agree with him on so many things that I hadn't even thought about before!

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 07:40 AM

6. His honesty and decency

shine through. The gop has NEVER had a candidate for the WH who even comes close to being the real man Carter is. The gop scrapes the bottom of their barrel for their presidential candidates. I look for Gym Jordan, Matt Getz, tRump Jr, and Ivanka to be running for the gop WH next.

Reply to this post

Response to Scarsdale (Reply #6)

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 04:17 PM

8. I know. I've been a huge admirer since he first ran for president

I didn't know much, was new to voting, but what he had to say resonated with me and the more I've learned over the years, the more I've come to admire him. He has wisdom and compassion for people everywhere and his attention to the details of every issue is phenomenal. He's been my avatar since we had them on DU.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 9, 2019, 11:59 AM

7. Man, look at that shiner

That had to hurt.

-- Mal

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread