HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » "This Week" three veteran...

Sun Dec 1, 2019, 02:16 PM

"This Week" three veterans discuss President Trump's recent intervention in three military war crime

3 replies, 1092 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply "This Week" three veterans discuss President Trump's recent intervention in three military war crime (Original post)
dustyscamp Dec 1 OP
customerserviceguy Dec 1 #1
dustyscamp Dec 1 #2
bitterross Dec 1 #3

Response to dustyscamp (Original post)

Sun Dec 1, 2019, 02:31 PM

1. You know why Trump did that

First, it's a distraction from impeachment, second, he was trying to goad a Democratic presidential candidate into using the term "war criminal" to describe the subjects of his meddling.

Didn't work in either case.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to customerserviceguy (Reply #1)

Sun Dec 1, 2019, 03:10 PM

2. Yeah that is probably why he did this

I also kind of feel that he wants to get the troops to get behind him and get them to think of him as a father figure.

Reply to this post

Response to dustyscamp (Reply #2)

Sun Dec 1, 2019, 06:55 PM

3. Agreed. It was an appeal to the rank and file AND a favor.

It was all about him trying to make it look like he's for the front-line soldier. Not that an E-7 is really a private, seaman or airman though. Still, it was about "I have your back over your chain of command. I'm for you when they are not. Vote for me for more."

Also, don't forget the guy's lawyer works for the Trump Organization. It was about favors too. It just happened to server both purposes.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread