HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » GOP Freaks Out Over Rise ...

Fri May 13, 2022, 09:35 PM

GOP Freaks Out Over Rise Of 'Ultra MAGA' Senate Candidate In Pennsylvania - All In - MSNBC

Chris Hayes: “Trump and his allies in right-wing media are being put in the exact same position they put establishment Republicans in back in 2015. They're closing ranks against an outside candidate with extremist, noxious views and calling her unelectable.” Aired on 05/13/2022.

5 replies, 593 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP Freaks Out Over Rise Of 'Ultra MAGA' Senate Candidate In Pennsylvania - All In - MSNBC (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 May 13 OP
ancianita May 13 #1
Rhiannon12866 May 13 #2
ancianita May 13 #3
Rhiannon12866 May 13 #4
ancianita May 13 #5

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Fri May 13, 2022, 10:15 PM

1. Thanks for this post. What's going on in PA creeps me out. I don't know how PA feels

about three candidates who don't even reside in PA, but the whole thing looks like it should have been nipped in the bud by the Sec of State when they found out those candidates don't even live in state. Why they've gotten away with being on the ballot seems corrupt and creepy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ancianita (Reply #1)

Fri May 13, 2022, 10:20 PM

2. Sounds like a scandal to me, too - How do they get away with that?

I would think such a discovery would be campaign ending, but these days - with the Republicans - it seems like corruption is a feature.

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #2)

Fri May 13, 2022, 10:55 PM

3. With 9 Rethug across 5 states tampering with voting machines, and the new

secretaries of state voting strategy in the works, then this bad vetting of candidates in battleground states, constant threats on the lives of Biden administration people and state level leaders, with the stripping of women's 1st, 9th, 13th and 14th Amendment rights, PA's problem seems symptomatic of something worse than corruption.

It seems that right wing derangement is spreading into a mass psychosis, and except for people getting up and being good faith neighborly, and doing their jobs, trying to stay healthy and raise hopeful children, the country's politics are going to hell. But me, I feel a kind of darkness spreading this year.

Sometimes the only place I feel sane and safe is here on DU.

Reply to this post

Response to ancianita (Reply #3)

Fri May 13, 2022, 11:00 PM

4. "Mass psychosis" is a good term for it

One of the late night guys last night, think it must have been Jimmy Kimmel, said that nothing, no matter how bizarre or previously unimaginable, is out of bounds for the RW these days. He said that it's gotten to the point he'll believe anything of them (especially things TFG believed or did) - and it's getting worse every day.

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #4)

Fri May 13, 2022, 11:16 PM

5. They could be readying political drama to try to derail Jan 6 hearings.

Not just that, but mobilizing chaos and menace in battlegrounds. Kimmel is on to something. And as with the security runup to Jan 6, the public's not hearing anything official.

I'm probably just tired, entertaining scenarios, and need to get to bed. Thanks for your response.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread