HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » High School Abortion Righ...

Sat Aug 27, 2022, 05:50 PM

High School Abortion Rights Activists !! Super encouraging ! These gals are on it.

Other TENNESEE high scool kids are calling them asking how to start their own chapters.

[link:|

6 replies, 525 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply High School Abortion Rights Activists !! Super encouraging ! These gals are on it. (Original post)
TeamProg Aug 2022 OP
MontanaMama Aug 2022 #1
mopinko Aug 2022 #4
MontanaMama Aug 2022 #5
littlemissmartypants Aug 2022 #2
Jade Fox Aug 2022 #3
MontanaMama Aug 2022 #6

Response to TeamProg (Original post)

Sat Aug 27, 2022, 06:00 PM

1. I appreciate these young women

talking about the shame aspect of sex, sex education, abortion etc. It’s so true! Girls in particular are shamed for being beautiful, not beautiful enough, having sex, not having sex, using birth control, having an abortion. Enough!! If these girls can kick shame to the curb…look out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MontanaMama (Reply #1)

Sat Aug 27, 2022, 06:13 PM

4. i made a joke a while back about making my man buy me dinner,

that didnt go over well. the punchline being, it's low level sex work. .
but when i was coming up you were only a slut if he didnt spend money on you. suspect that yardstick is still in use, if not applied as readily as in my day.

Reply to this post

Response to mopinko (Reply #4)

Sat Aug 27, 2022, 06:53 PM

5. I get the joke...and I remember those times.

Back story…My dad was a raging progressive. He worked for the US Forest Service and trained federal employees on diversity in the work place in the 70’s! Anyway, when I was in my teen years, he was really clear with me about sex. He told me that the choices I made about my body were mine but the consequences that I might suffer for an unplanned pregnancy would not be fair or equitable. He reminded me that I could have a baby but my chances to live a life with the head start of having parents who could pay for my college…a child and all the responsibility that goes with it would absolutely set me back. If I chose abortion, the emotional toll would be mine to bear. The guy…whoever he was at the moment, would likely not skip a beat and would move on with his life. We talked about it a lot….thankfully, because I started dating young. He had facts and was okay talking to me about it. I didn’t know how fortunate I was.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 27, 2022, 06:02 PM

2. ❤️

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 27, 2022, 06:04 PM

3. You go girls!

I love that they have figured out the shame that is the basis of abstinence education.

Sure wish they could vote!

Reply to this post

Response to Jade Fox (Reply #3)

Sat Aug 27, 2022, 06:55 PM

6. You said it perfectly.

“Shame is the basis for abstinence education.” I would take it a step further…keeping women in shame, keeps them submissive. If young women and girls can own their power and give the middle finger to shame, the walls come tumbling down.

Let it be so.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread