HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Bought some tech stuff on...

Thu Aug 2, 2018, 02:38 PM

Bought some tech stuff on A this morning and POOF...welcome to PRIME!!

BS...I never signed up or clicked on anything other than the purchase button. I've had prime before--when it was 75.00 and had it for a couple of years. I've already cancelled but lets see if they keep the "trial" going.

Watch what you click on over there.....

7 replies, 583 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bought some tech stuff on A this morning and POOF...welcome to PRIME!! (Original post)
Bengus81 Aug 2018 OP
liberal N proud Aug 2018 #1
exboyfil Aug 2018 #2
Fla Dem Aug 2018 #3
lunasun Aug 2018 #4
angstlessk Aug 2018 #5
Bengus81 Aug 2018 #7
Totally Tunsie Aug 2018 #6

Response to Bengus81 (Original post)

Thu Aug 2, 2018, 02:41 PM

1. We use the trial around the holidays

But continued it this last year. We will probably cancel just because of the cost.
We don't use the streaming service much. Any time I do, it seems they eat to charge for each video above the cost of Prime.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Aug 2, 2018, 02:59 PM

2. I started it with my kid's Student rate

Kept it gong for two years since then. I have to decide since it jumped another $20/yr whether I will renew in March. I have gotten excellent customer service so including a full refund on a desk chair that did not hold up very well. Even waived shipping it back (the cylinder died but I still use it). Not sure they do that for a regular customer.

I get value from the Prime Videos and Music. I could use free Spotify, but many of my favorite albums are on Prime without suffering through the commercials. I mix it up between the two.

They do have some pretty good series: Bosch, The Man in the High Castle, and lots of older HBO shows. They now have Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica - two of the best SF series of all time. Also the new Doctor Who series (not a huge fan but watch it with the kids).

They also have a ton of older movies that Netflix never gets. You can come across some gems in the dross.

I get some value from shipping. A lot less now that the kids are no longer in college. I also sign up for the Kindle free book every month (maybe I will read some someday). They do have some good free books as well on Prime.

I don't buy a lot online (or in stores even). Pretty much to replace items that have worn out or died.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2018, 03:12 PM

3. I've done Prime for a number of years Think it's worth it.

What I save in mailing charges just over the Christmas season alone, more than covers the annual membership. Also use their Amazon Prime video channel. If I had to pay for that service, it would be $8.99 a month, or $107 a year. So for me it's a win, win.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2018, 03:14 PM

4. Every screen every click check your choice ! messed up more than once &of course they will cancel

For you Immediately
No fee but still is BS
Make sure you unwelcome yourself

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2018, 07:52 PM

5. The new price $119.00 per year is $9.92 per month

For that you get 2 day free shipping on most items, and free shipping on others...AND free prime movies/tv shows.

HULU and Netflix costs more, and they don't offer free shipping!

Reply to this post

Response to angstlessk (Reply #5)

Fri Aug 3, 2018, 07:10 AM

7. What I found out on what I was buying had less and less free shipping....

And a higher and higher price to get Prime--I had it when it was only $75.00. Back when I had it Prime streaming was a joke compared to Netflix which I had at the time. I rarely streamed anything from Amazon,maybe their better now.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 2, 2018, 09:43 PM

6. Same happened to me, Bengus,

but I made note of the date the trial would end and made sure to get in any of my planned purchases before then, and then cancelled a couple of days before the trial was over. Worked out great since I was ordering an air conditioner and kids' b-day gifts, all with free shipping. There was no hassle in the cancellation, either.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread