HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Never trust

Thu Feb 28, 2019, 01:35 AM

Never trust

an olive, or another car's turn signals.

4 replies, 442 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Never trust (Original post)
kairos12 Feb 2019 OP
PoindexterOglethorpe Feb 2019 #1
Fla Dem Feb 2019 #3
JustABozoOnThisBus Feb 2019 #2
Fla Dem Feb 2019 #4

Response to kairos12 (Original post)

Thu Feb 28, 2019, 02:10 AM

1. My now ex would often not put on a turn signal,

especially when he was simply wanting to change lanes on a road or freeway. He'd complain that no one was letting him over, and I'd point out he didn't have his turn signal on. He'd try to make a joke of it, saying something about not giving away your strategy, which just pissed me off. TURN ON THE FUCKING TURN SIGNAL. OTHER MOTORISTS ARE NOT MINDREADERS.

Oddly enough, I generally use my turn signal to indicate when I want to change lanes, and isn't it strange? other cars often let me in.

Hmmmm.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to PoindexterOglethorpe (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 28, 2019, 10:46 AM

3. Yep. Not using your turn signal is ignorant and dangerous. Some people just feel entitled.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 28, 2019, 07:37 AM

2. Trust, but verify

I like olives, but always check to make sure there's no 1) pit, 2) anchovy, or 3) pimiento inside. Pits are not too bad, as long as I know to expect it, but that other stuff? Yecch.

Turn signals are just hints, not actual predictors of movement.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 28, 2019, 10:51 AM

4. It can be just a little bit annoying to be behind someone who doesn't turn off their turn signal.

But it can be downright dangerous to be behind someone who doesn't use a turn signal and all of a sudden slows down to make a turn. Or if you're on a corner waiting to cross (no crosswalk light) and you look at the traffic, see no turn signals and start to cross the street only to have someone w/o a turn signal turn right into your street. Scary for sure.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread