HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » MEANWHILE, in Colorado...

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 04:44 PM

MEANWHILE, in Colorado...

3 replies, 415 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply MEANWHILE, in Colorado... (Original post)
Blue_Tires Mar 2019 OP
hlthe2b Mar 2019 #1
woody44 Mar 2019 #2
OregonBlue Mar 2019 #3

Response to Blue_Tires (Original post)

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 04:49 PM

1. If they weren't planning to have kids, no one would ever have cared nor likely care now...

The increased risk is certainly not nearly the magnitude of what was once believed, but it does increase the risk of birth defects somewhat. The truth is that there is more of an issue from children of anonymous sperm donors somehow finding each other--not knowing they were siblings.

Whatever... Makes for easier holiday travel decisions, I'd guess.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Blue_Tires (Original post)

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 06:25 PM

2. my late husbands daughter

married her lst cousin, my husbands brothers son. They were told by dr's there wasn't much of a chance of problems. They were married about 12 years and had 2 boys who turned out just fine, one is an engineer making big bucks, the other in military higher up now. It's not as big a deal as made out to be............

Reply to this post

Response to woody44 (Reply #2)

Thu Mar 7, 2019, 06:54 PM

3. Except in small communities where they continue to intermarry for long periods of time.

As a northerner, I always suspect Louisiana and Mississippi and Arkansas of having lots of those communities. I'm sure it's just a Yankee prejudice but whenever I listen to those southerners at the committee hearings I just shake my head and laugh.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread