HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Our power is on again.

Wed Aug 5, 2020, 09:21 PM

Our power is on again.

Everything is right with the world.

For Father's day, my family bought me the video documentary Juice: How Electricity Explains the World, which is about life without electricity in Puerto Rico - for years after the Trumpers abandoned these Americans - and, sadly, Lebanon - Africa and elsewhere. I had the electricity to watch it.

It was pretty well done overall.

Of course I knew all about this, life without electricity, after Hurricane Sandy (during which I was pretty badly injured), but the reminder connected with the tropical storm this week in New Jersey was, um, um, for lack of a better term for it, "a useful reminder."

Like Taj Mahal used to sing, "You don't miss your water, until your well runs dry."

3 replies, 181 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Our power is on again. (Original post)
NNadir Aug 5 OP
dem4decades Aug 5 #1
NNadir Aug 5 #2
c-rational Aug 5 #3

Response to NNadir (Original post)

Wed Aug 5, 2020, 09:35 PM

1. Still out and not expecting it on for days.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dem4decades (Reply #1)

Wed Aug 5, 2020, 09:45 PM

2. I wasn't expecting mine until tomorrow night. I checked the PSEG outage website...

...and on the map, they reported that they were dispatching crews to investigate the cause and anticipating re-connection late Thursday evening/early Friday morning.

I guess when they got there to check it out, it was fairly easy to fix. I called my wife on the way home from work to see if I should get ice and she told me it was on.

We were lucky. Don't give up hope; it could come earlier.

Reply to this post

Response to NNadir (Original post)

Wed Aug 5, 2020, 11:08 PM

3. Good to hear, and thanks for the song.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread