HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Cops Will Search Your Car...

Thu Apr 29, 2021, 02:31 PM

Cops Will Search Your Car Whenever They Want - Ep. 7.448 (PA State Police has 50 Reasons)

If you don't cooperate, if you do cooperate, if you sigh, if you have a rental car, if any money is visible.

3 replies, 381 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cops Will Search Your Car Whenever They Want - Ep. 7.448 (PA State Police has 50 Reasons) (Original post)
TheBlackAdder Apr 29 OP
multigraincracker Apr 29 #1
KG Apr 29 #2
Mister Ed Apr 30 #3

Response to TheBlackAdder (Original post)

Thu Apr 29, 2021, 03:02 PM

1. He is correct. I did this once and it worked that time.

I was pulled over for a light out over my plate. After he told me what he pulled me over for he asked if I had anything illegal in the car. I said no, so he asked why I didn't want him to search if I didn't have any thing to hide. So, knowing he is paid by the hour and I'm retired, I went into my very long story of why I didn't want him to search my car.
I told him about a time in 1973 I got pulled over the Detroit police for something minor and the cop asked that question and I said ok go ahead as there was nothing illegal in the car. The cop did a very good job of searching my van and ended up throwing every thing in the van on the ground. I had a van full of antiques. Lots of things got damaged, including a large valuable flow blue platter worth hundreds of dollars. The cops had a good laugh and let me go. I went to a lawyer to see if I had a case to recoup my investment in that plate and the lawyer said I should have never agreed to the search and therefore didn't have a case. This is the short story, I stretched out quite a bit. When I got done, he handed me back my paper work, laughed and let me go.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TheBlackAdder (Original post)

Thu Apr 29, 2021, 03:29 PM

2. get out of the car, lock the doors, put keys in pocket.

Reply to this post

Response to KG (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 30, 2021, 08:42 AM

3. Better be white if you're gonna get out of the car unbidden...

...and reach into your pocket.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread