Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Stuart G

(38,672 posts)
Fri Dec 22, 2023, 02:36 AM Dec 2023

My "Favority Movie of All Time...I cried for ...Happness .."It's A Wonderful Life". First time I ever cried because I..

................."WAS HAPPY"..... [ WHEN I REALIZED THE END WAS ...."HAPPINESS"...& "LOVE" & CARING FOR OTHERS! .....

5 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
My "Favority Movie of All Time...I cried for ...Happness .."It's A Wonderful Life". First time I ever cried because I.. (Original Post) Stuart G Dec 2023 OP
I have my own copy and watch it every Christmas. :) n/t brewens Dec 2023 #1
We're halfway through it. ZZenith Dec 2023 #2
Every time i watch it... viva la Dec 2023 #3
The nadir of the movie, when George has hysterical rage in the midst no_hypocrisy Dec 2023 #4
"No man is a failure who has friends." Dulcinea Dec 2023 #5

ZZenith

(4,195 posts)
2. We're halfway through it.
Fri Dec 22, 2023, 03:55 AM
Dec 2023

My wife fell asleep at the wedding night scene as per usual.

We’ll finish it tomorrow night and then do exactly all of that again next year, I expect - such a timeless classic.

We all know who Mr. Potter would vote for these days and we damn well know who George Bailey would as well.

no_hypocrisy

(47,068 posts)
4. The nadir of the movie, when George has hysterical rage in the midst
Fri Dec 22, 2023, 07:32 AM
Dec 2023

of his family and their shock always resonated with me. Being driven to your lowest.

I read that scene wasn't entirely acting. Jimmy Stewart was still experiencing PTSD from his time in WWII combat as a flyer at the time the movie was made.

Latest Discussions»The DU Lounge»My "Favority Movie of All...