Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Biophilic

(4,026 posts)
Fri Jun 21, 2024, 07:26 PM Jun 21

I just heard a truly wonderful/sad idea that I wish I'd heard of decades ago..

My neighbor had to put her long time (13 years) puppy down. She and her friend realized that they could feed her puppy how ever much Hershey Kisses as he wanted while it was happening. Damn, I truly wish I'd thought of this myself. Just thought I'd pass this idea along to others to use or not as it works for them.

2 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
I just heard a truly wonderful/sad idea that I wish I'd heard of decades ago.. (Original Post) Biophilic Jun 21 OP
My last dog got fried porkchops and a cheeseburger on his final day. Midnight Writer Jun 21 #1
Cool, good for you. Biophilic Jun 21 #2

Midnight Writer

(22,242 posts)
1. My last dog got fried porkchops and a cheeseburger on his final day.
Fri Jun 21, 2024, 08:47 PM
Jun 21

It still hurt to let him go, but after days of him hardly eating it was nice to see him wolf down a couple of meals.

Biophilic

(4,026 posts)
2. Cool, good for you.
Fri Jun 21, 2024, 08:51 PM
Jun 21

I have to admit that most of the time I’ve been so devastated with the loss that I wasn’t thinking well.

Latest Discussions»The DU Lounge»I just heard a truly wond...