HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » Escape (puzzle) rooms

Sat Sep 24, 2016, 04:07 AM

Escape (puzzle) rooms

Holy hell they aren't joking around with these things. I just finished my first one with 2 coworkers, it was fun and extremely hard. My highlight was dismantling a grandfather clock on a hunch and ending up finding a magnet and use it to drag a key from the back of a semi shut drawer to where we could grab it. Also had to get a ~1985 TV to pick up a spanish TV station at one point. We ended up 2 keys away from getting out... it was definitely a unique experience.

4 replies, 880 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Escape (puzzle) rooms (Original post)
GummyBearz Sep 2016 OP
Fla Dem Sep 2016 #1
GummyBearz Sep 2016 #2
eShirl Sep 2016 #3
GummyBearz Sep 2016 #4

Response to GummyBearz (Original post)

Sat Sep 24, 2016, 10:52 AM

1. If it's what I'm thinking about, they've been around for a while.

They start out relatively easy, then progressively harder. I think I only made my way out of 2 rooms and then gave up on the 3rd. Never went back.

It may not be the same thing, but you didn't include a link so just assuming it's the same one.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Fla Dem (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 24, 2016, 11:24 AM

2. Sounds similar

We were only in 1 room but it definitely didn't start easy. No hints... just had to start taking the place apart to find about 5 keys, combinations codes to 3 other locks, built an old school type projector at one point to load some slides into it for hints. Barely finished in the 1 hour time allowed. We had 2 other coworkers watching us on CCTV as we tried to get out. They said they were laughing at us the whole time as we fumbled around in there

Link: http://www.puzzalarium.com/

Reply to this post

Response to GummyBearz (Original post)

Sat Sep 24, 2016, 11:36 AM

3. I hope they're harder than the one on The Big Bang Theory.

Because that was so lame...

Reply to this post

Response to eShirl (Reply #3)

Sat Sep 24, 2016, 12:03 PM

4. This one was :)

Good episode. But obviously exaggerated for TV comedy. With a less than 5% solve rate in 1.5 hours the real things aren't so easy

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread