HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » The DU Lounge (Forum) » MEANWHILE, in St. Louis.....

Tue Oct 18, 2016, 02:28 PM

MEANWHILE, in St. Louis...

Man Allegedly Conned Multiple Women Into Buying Him A Lamborghini, Corvette And Mustang

I still can’t wrap my head around exactly how all this transpired, but a Missouri man is facing several charges for allegedly conning various women into buying him sports cars of which he sold and kept the cash.

According to kmov.com of St. Loius, Timothy Rossell, 28, is charged with four counts of identity theft and one count of impersonating a federal officer.

Police say that Rossell met three women on a dating site called “Plenty of Fish” and convinced them to purchase expensive cars for him in their name. He would then sell those cars, keep the money, and report them stolen.

One woman in Florida is on the hook for over $300,000 after she purchased a Lamborghini Gallardo and a Corvette Z06. His fiancée ended up buying him a brand new Shelby Mustang, a motorcycle and a Cadillac Escalade.

Authorities say that Rossell would tell these women that he worked as a federal agent as a U.S. Marshall and he had the money, but just need the women to put their name on the loan.

His scheme came unraveled when his fiancée discovered government IDs that had different names on them. That is when she contacted the police.

Rossell was caught in Illinois when his Lamborghini got a flat tire and he attempted to have one of the other women pay for a bus pass. He will likely face even more charges as the investigation unfolds.

http://jalopnik.com/man-allegedly-conned-multiple-women-into-buying-him-a-l-1787882801

Personally, I've been doing the online dating thing for a lot of years, and I haven't even gotten a woman to buy me a Hot Wheels car... Need to step my game up!

4 replies, 733 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply MEANWHILE, in St. Louis... (Original post)
Blue_Tires Oct 2016 OP
Codeine Oct 2016 #1
mahatmakanejeeves Oct 2016 #2
rurallib Oct 2016 #3
Skittles Oct 2016 #4

Response to Blue_Tires (Original post)

Tue Oct 18, 2016, 02:52 PM

1. Damn. He ain't even cute. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Oct 18, 2016, 04:21 PM

2. So, is that, like, against the law? I'm asking for a friend. NT

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 18, 2016, 08:22 PM

3. Take that, Florida Man!

Reply to this post

Tue Oct 18, 2016, 11:27 PM

4. there are people who think Trump is qualified to be president of the United States

that tells me everything I need to know

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread