HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Arts & Humanities » Photography (Group) » **Repetition** is so easy...

Sun Feb 9, 2020, 12:56 PM

**Repetition** is so easy - I'll never run out of examples - new reminder

It's Sunday, and time for another reminder and another example for our February theme and a reminder to shoot or find your own photo.
Come Wednesday I will open the submission thread, and not til then will I stop pestering you with new posts. Also: please note that from now on there is no more obligation for the winner. No hosting - nothing - just a little courage to take part in the contest and enter a photo.

3 replies, 372 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply **Repetition** is so easy - I'll never run out of examples - new reminder (Original post)
Mira Feb 2020 OP
Srkdqltr Feb 2020 #1
CrispyQ Feb 2020 #2
Talitha Feb 2020 #3

Response to Mira (Original post)

Sun Feb 9, 2020, 01:01 PM

1. Whoever made those birdhouses. They are super. Good job.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Feb 9, 2020, 02:02 PM

2. Charming little houses, but did you know that different birds like different sized holes?

And also some birds like the floor of the house to be closer to the hole and not so far down. If you want to attract a particular type of bird, find out what kind of house they like. I only found this out recently.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 9, 2020, 07:48 PM

3. OMG, it's a still shot from Gilligan's Island - how cool is that?!?!

It says 'S.S. Minnow' on the first bird house, and also the board they're sitting on. Gee, I haven't thought of that show for a long time and used to watch it every week - thanks for jogging my memory!

Trivia:
~ The Skipper was Alan Hale Jr. - his dad was in The Adventures of Robin Hood as well as many other well-loved movie classics. If you put photos of father and son side-by-side when they were the same age, they could have been twins.

~ Bob Denver who played Gilligan was Maynard G. Krebs in the tv series The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis.

~ Jim Backus the millionaire was the voice of cartoon character Mr. Magoo.

Again, thanks for the memory, Mira!!
(The theme song will no doubt be my earworm for a few days. )

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread