HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Arizona (Group) » Sheriff Joe Arpaio dives ...

Thu Dec 15, 2016, 06:00 PM

Sheriff Joe Arpaio dives into Obama birth certificate again

PHOENIX (AP) Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona has fixated on the authenticity of President Barack Obama's birth certificate for more than five years, going so far as to send a deputy and member of his volunteer posse to Hawaii to question officials.

He earned plaudits from Donald Trump and became one of the nation's leading voices on the debunked controversy over Obama's birthplace. Arpaio plans to close his years long investigation Thursday, ending a chapter that critics denounced as a shameless ploy to raise money from his right-wing base.

The news conference from the media-savvy sheriff comes three weeks before the end of his 24 years as metro Phoenix's top law enforcer and five weeks before Obama leaves office.

The sheriff took up the "birther" mantle as he faced some of his worst legal troubles, including a racial profiling case that discredited his patrols targeting immigrants and a grand jury inquiry into his failed investigations of local political enemies.

Read more: http://www.yourwestvalley.com/valleyandstate/article_80e43502-c2f9-11e6-8402-b7e1c6ae738c.html

3 replies, 1864 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sheriff Joe Arpaio dives into Obama birth certificate again (Original post)
TexasTowelie Dec 2016 OP
Az_lefty Dec 2016 #1
SummerSnow Dec 2016 #2
RKP5637 Dec 2016 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Dec 15, 2016, 06:09 PM

1. I live in Southern Az

and I was so glad when that fool got voted out!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 15, 2016, 06:11 PM

2. I guess Trump is ignoring his phone calls.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 15, 2016, 06:14 PM

3. Get a life, Joe! This is getting boooooooring! n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread