HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Arizona (Group) » Biden will headline fundr...

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 07:13 PM

Biden will headline fundraiser for U.S. Senate candidate Kyrsten Sinema

Former Vice President Joe Biden is scheduled to headline a fundraiser for Democratic Rep. Kyrsten Sinema's U.S. Senate bid.

An invitation obtained Tuesday by The Arizona Republic says the fundraiser is scheduled for 5 p.m. July 20 in Phoenix. The precise location is not disclosed on the invitation, which says it will be "provided upon RSVP."

Sinema's campaign has been touting Biden's recent endorsement of her. His lending of his star power and fundraising prowess to Sinema's Arizona campaign underscores the national Democratic Party's hopes of retaking the Senate.

Sen. Jeff Flake, the one-term Republican incumbent, is not running for re-election and the seat is up for grabs.

In the Aug. 28 Democratic primary, Sinema faces Deedra Abboud, a progressive attorney and activist. The well-funded Sinema, who is now serving her third term in the U.S. House of Representatives, is considered the clear front-runner.

https://amp.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/07/10/former-vice-president-joe-biden-headline-fundraiser-rep-kyrsten-sinema-senate-run/773176002/ #AZSen

5 replies, 1403 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Biden will headline fundraiser for U.S. Senate candidate Kyrsten Sinema (Original post)
DesertRat Jul 2018 OP
Gothmog Jul 2018 #1
DesertRat Jul 2018 #2
Wwcd Jul 2018 #3
DesertRat Jul 2018 #4
JonLP24 Jul 2018 #5

Response to DesertRat (Original post)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 07:28 PM

1. Yeah for Uncle Joe

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Gothmog (Reply #1)

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 07:41 PM

2. Arizona has a good chance to send a Democrat to the U.S. Senate

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 14, 2018, 11:21 PM

3. The Powerful "Emilys List" Endorses Sinema

Reply to this post

Response to Wwcd (Reply #3)

Sun Jul 15, 2018, 02:13 PM

4. That is a great endorsement!

Reply to this post

Thu Jul 19, 2018, 04:31 AM

5. I'm voting for Deedra Abboud

Last edited Thu Jul 19, 2018, 05:26 AM - Edit history (2)

I voted for Synema over the Bill Clinton and Obama endorsed candidate in a primary for her first congressional race and I won't make that mistake again. She has moved too far to the right after winning an election and too far to the right(voting record) for this district which Clinton won by +16.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/house/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Abboud says enough is there to impeach Trump and that is good enough for me. With stuff like this https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/18/trump-russia-browder-mcfaul-questioning-731616 we need to move faster sooner or later so I'm all for those ready for impeachment for the emoluments clause at the very least.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread