HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Arizona (Group) » Pinal County Sheriff's Of...

Fri Jul 31, 2020, 09:39 AM

Pinal County Sheriff's Office starting new volunteer posse group

FLORENCE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - The Pinal County Sheriff's Office is creating a different posse program to help people protect their community.

The PCSO Citizens Posse will be a volunteer-based group that will help out deputies in enforcing the law during a major incident. They won't be patrolling or assisting deputies on a daily basis.

Those who want to be posse members will have to take a four-hour training course on constitutional law, search and seizure, basic firearm safety, home safety, and the use of force. There will also be an option for trainees to practice in a virtual simulator with an instructor. That information will also be helpful in protecting their families.

“As Sheriff of Pinal County, I am given the authority to deputize civilians to assist in law enforcement. While we hope such an action is never required, we want to make sure those willing to step into the role are trained and ready,” said Sheriff Mark Lamb.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/pinal-county-sheriffs-office-starting-new-volunteer-posse-group/article_cd8f409c-d2c5-11ea-90d8-e3b4dc978451.html

4 replies, 657 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pinal County Sheriff's Office starting new volunteer posse group (Original post)
Ptah Jul 2020 OP
634-5789 Jul 2020 #1
Kali Jul 2020 #2
Hoyt Jul 2020 #3
Me. Jul 2020 #4

Response to Ptah (Original post)

Fri Jul 31, 2020, 09:40 AM

1. One question...

Will these 'patriots' be protecting the area of the trump wall that could no withstand 35 MPH winds last week?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jul 31, 2020, 09:45 AM

2. ooo 4 hours of training!

makes me wonder how many hours for hires?

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 31, 2020, 09:45 AM

3. Hate to say it, but I'd just as soon have trump's goons show up than a posse of George Zimmermans

and 3%ers. Better to have neither.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 31, 2020, 10:04 AM

4. Will They Be Armed?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread