HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » Appeals court issues stay...

Fri Dec 18, 2020, 09:40 PM

Appeals court issues stay, halting judge's order reopening San Diego County restaurants

Lawyers for the state asked a San Diego appeals court Friday for a stay of a Superior Court judge’s ruling that allowed restaurant and live entertainment venues in the county to reopen, citing “critical public health issues at stake” during the surging COVID-19 pandemic.

Just before 5 p.m. the 4th District Court of Appeal in San Diego issued the stay. That means restaurants must, again, shut down.

The filing by lawyers for Attorney General Xavier Becerra argues the order from Judge Joel Wohlfeil issued Wednesday was an overreaching of his authority, and imperils the health of county residents because it undercuts public health orders aimed at mitigating the spread of the disease.

Wohlfeil’s ruling, which went into effect immediately on Wednesday, came in a lawsuit filed by owners of two San Diego strip clubs who challenged the orders largely shuttering their businesses. But the judge took the step of not only siding with the clubs and prohibiting the state from enforcing the restrictions, but applying that order to all restaurants in the county — even though no restaurants were involved in the lawsuit.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/story/2020-12-18/state-attorney-general-seeks-immediate-halt-to-san-diego-judges-order-reopening-restaurants

1 replies, 873 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Appeals court issues stay, halting judge's order reopening San Diego County restaurants (Original post)
Zorro Dec 2020 OP
BigmanPigman Dec 2020 #1

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Fri Dec 18, 2020, 11:15 PM

1. Fucking A! This has pissed me off since I hear about it.

Who the Hell was this judge, a tRump appointee or just a sadistic GOP greedy, sadistic, self absorbed dickhead in general?

All day restaurants have been opening up again... yet there were 61,000 new cases in CA two days ago! This is fucked up. Does the judge want to please his donors/party and kill thousands of morons who believe his same BS. This judge should be disbarred. Murderous hack! Greedy, self serving bastard. I hope he gets it and suffers long term effects forever and with no health insur. That would be justice, you so called "judge".

Thank you once again AG Beccerra

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread