HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » Uber bans rider after rac...

Sat Mar 13, 2021, 02:03 PM

Uber bans rider after racist attack on Asian driver at LAX

Uber said it banned a rider Wednesday after NBC News inquired about a report from a Filipino driver saying he received racist insults from the rider, who is white, at Los Angeles International Airport.

ďAfter I unloaded the luggage, thatís when he started yelling at me,Ē Raph David, the Uber driver, told NBC News. ďAnd he said, ĎAsian piece of s---, you might not even have a paper here in America. Go back to your country.íĒ

According to David, the incident occurred Tuesday evening when the man, Kyle Harrington, ordered an Uber using his sonís account. When David picked up the man and his two sons, Harrington tried to get into the front passenger seat, which is currently prohibited per Uberís Covid-19 safety policy.

When David told Harrington he was not able to sit in the front seat, he said Harrington became irate, slammed the door and started yelling at David.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/uber-bans-rider-after-racist-attack-on-asian-driver-at-lax/ar-BB1ex5lf?li=BBnb7Kz

2 replies, 907 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Uber bans rider after racist attack on Asian driver at LAX (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Mar 13 OP
secondwind Mar 13 #1
YoshidaYui Mar 19 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Sat Mar 13, 2021, 02:04 PM

1. Call them out! Every time!!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Fri Mar 19, 2021, 09:29 AM

2. Please use the backseat, during the pandemic sir...

AND BOOM!!! THATS when the guy SUDDENLY went all MEL GIBSON on him... wow, really? Another Asshole.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread