HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » California (Group) » California woman says she...

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 02:29 PM

California woman says she drowned children to protect them

A California woman suspected of killing her three children in the midst of a bitter custody battle said Thursday that she drowned them to keep them away from their father, a television station reported. Carrillo’s children — 3-year-old Joanna Denton Carrillo, her 2-year-old brother, Terry, and 6-month-old sister, Sierra — were found dead Saturday ...

In a jailhouse interview, Liliana Carrillo, 30, told KGET-TV that she wanted to “protect” them from abuse, the station reported. “I drowned them,” she said in the interview at the Lerdo Pre-Trial Facility in Kern County. “I did it as softly, I don’t know how to explain it, but I hugged them and I kissed them and I was apologizing the whole time,” she said. “I loved my kids.”

She described herself as a “social justice warrior” who used to travel California advocating against human trafficking.

The children's father, Erik Denton, contended in court papers filed earlier this year that Carrillo was increasingly delusional and that the children weren't safe with her.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/california-woman-drowned-children-protect-77111301?cid=clicksource_4380645_3_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed

2 replies, 670 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply California woman says she drowned children to protect them (Original post)
left-of-center2012 Apr 16 OP
Arkansas Granny Apr 16 #1
Scrivener7 Apr 16 #2

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 02:48 PM

1. What a tragedy. She is a very, very sick woman.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Fri Apr 16, 2021, 02:48 PM

2. This is horrifying, but it sounds like she is truly crazy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread