HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » District of Columbia (Group) » Capital Area Food Bank ho...

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 10:23 AM

Capital Area Food Bank holding 5 free pop-up markets for furloughed government employees, contractor

Capital Area Food Bank holding 5 free pop-up markets for furloughed government employees, contractors

The Capital Area Food Bank is trying to help furloughed employees by holding free pop-up food banks.
Author: Arielle Buchmann
Published: 5:58 AM EST January 11, 2019
Updated: 8:44 AM EST January 11, 2019

WASHINGTON The Capital Area Food Bank is holding five free pop-up markets in the D.C. area to help government employees and contractors who have been furloughed.

The pop-up markets will be outside of 5 Giant locations on Saturday between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.

Furloughed government employees and contractors just need to show a valid ID or federal contractor ID in order to receive free produce and shelf-stable items.

2 replies, 281 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Capital Area Food Bank holding 5 free pop-up markets for furloughed government employees, contractor (Original post)
mahatmakanejeeves Jan 11 OP
Crutchez_CuiBono Jan 11 #1
IronLionZion Jan 11 #2

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 10:47 AM

1. Such a great idea.

Most of us are extremely empathetic and kind.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mahatmakanejeeves (Original post)

Fri Jan 11, 2019, 11:03 AM

2. Capital Area Food Bank is an excellent organization

I have neighbors who work there and I've donated money several times. They can buy a ridiculous amount of fresh perishable food at insanely low prices direct from farmers so I always give money instead of canned food.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread