HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » Publix is supporting Adam...

Wed May 16, 2018, 02:12 PM

Publix is supporting Adam Putnam's run for governor like no politician before

Publix is supporting Adam Putnamís run for governor like no politician before
No other Florida candidate comes close to the type of monetary help Putnam is getting from Florida's largest private employer.

snip
The more recent contributions came as Putnam oversaw regulation of the company's 785 stores. The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services that Putnam leads conducts health safety inspections at grocery stores. It also handles consumer complaints directed at food businesses, including supermarkets.

In 2016, WFTS-Channel 28 discovered seven Tampa Bay area Publix stores failed health inspections. In those stores, food inspectors found rodent droppings, hundreds of pounds of meat and other food stored at unsafe temperatures, bugs and employees not washing their hands, according to the report.

Putnam responded the next day by pulling the inspections from the department's website and eliminating the pass/fail grading system.

He replaced it six months later with a new rubric. Instead of a failing grade, the worst rating issued now is "re-inspection required."

More here ... http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/05/15/publix-is-supporting-adam-putnams-run-for-governor-like-no-politician-before/

3 replies, 687 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Publix is supporting Adam Putnam's run for governor like no politician before (Original post)
Mike Rows His Boat May 2018 OP
bitterross May 2018 #1
Loge23 May 2018 #2
hay rick May 2018 #3

Response to Mike Rows His Boat (Original post)

Wed May 16, 2018, 02:41 PM

1. You get what you pay for.

Seems like Publix is getting its money's worth.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed May 16, 2018, 03:24 PM

2. Putnam is promoting class warfare

Putnam is all over the FL TV media with ads criticizing the straw man "liberal elite", as if Putnam forgot about his own elite status in Florida.
I like Publix, but we have already shifted a significant chunk of our grocery purchases to other suppliers. If Publix is going to continue to support only republicans, I can live without them.

Reply to this post

Thu May 17, 2018, 09:08 PM

3. Boycotting Publix is taking off in my area.

This could get interesting.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread