HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Florida (Group) » DeSantis says Hurricane D...

Fri Sep 6, 2019, 02:11 AM

DeSantis says Hurricane Dorian left Florida with "tens of millions of dollars" in damage

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday didnít quite attribute Hurricane Dorianís dramatic turn away from Florida to prayers he and Division of Emergency Management Director Jared Moskowitz separately left, written on paper, between the stones of the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

Each note, left in observance of a Jewish tradition, urged divine intervention against any hurricane threatening the state.

ďAll I can tell you is [that] last week the storm was a beeline, a buzzsaw, across South Florida. And it kind of stalled out and turned pretty dramatically 90 degrees to the North,Ē the governor said during a news conference at the emergency operations center in Tallahassee

ďIf we had a hand in assisting that, Iím not going to argue with the Big Guy upstairs,Ē he said.

Read more: https://www.floridaphoenix.com/2019/09/05/desantis-says-hurricane-dorian-left-fl-with-tens-of-millions-of-dollars-in-damage/

1 replies, 423 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply DeSantis says Hurricane Dorian left Florida with "tens of millions of dollars" in damage (Original post)
TexasTowelie Sep 6 OP
Guilded Lilly Sep 6 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Fri Sep 6, 2019, 04:21 AM

1. I uh believe it was MOTHER Nature in control of the steering wheel, Gov. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread