HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Georgia (Group) » Karen Handel's neighbors ...

Thu Jun 15, 2017, 10:24 PM

Karen Handel's neighbors get threatening letter with white powder

Karen Handel’s neighbors told to take a ‘whiff of white powder’ in threatening letter
by Steve Burns Greg Bluestein, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
10:07 p.m Thursday, June 15, 2017 - Neighborhoods

"Roswell police and the FBI are investigating after envelopes with 'white powder' were found in congressional candidate Karen Handel’s mailbox and at four others in her subdivision.

The call came in about 1 p.m. for Roxburgh Drive off Old Alabama Road in the Willow Springs neighborhood, police said.

'This afternoon we had some suspicious packages delivered to our house and to our neighbors,' Handel said in a statement. 'The packages contained threatening letters and a suspicious substance. The police were quickly notified and the street is now being blocked off. We will continue to coordinate with law enforcement as necessary.'"
-------
more...
"Ossoff campaign manager Keenan Pontoni told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that his campaign has also received multiple threats of violence in recent days, which he said have been reported to police. The Ossoff campaign hired a security detail on Thursday as well as a result of the escalating tensions."
-------

Local TV station WAGA Fox-5 received a similar letter, postmarked Greenville, SC. The envelope contained baking powder.

Color me suspicious. This close to voting day, I'm not sure this episode passes the smell test.

2 replies, 2673 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Karen Handel's neighbors get threatening letter with white powder (Original post)
klook Jun 2017 OP
lunasun Jun 2017 #1
dhol82 Jun 2017 #2

Response to klook (Original post)

Thu Jun 15, 2017, 10:48 PM

1. Wow what country am I in now ? All theses death threats over a house seat.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to klook (Original post)

Fri Jun 16, 2017, 01:30 AM

2. Sounds fake to me

I think they are grasping at straws now.
Hope the police find that the Handel campaign planted the evidence.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread