HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Indiana (Group) » University of Evansville ...

Mon May 20, 2019, 06:29 AM

University of Evansville selling WUEV frequency to contemporary Christian music network

EVANSVILLE, Ind. The University of Evansville confirmed Friday it is selling campus radio frequency WUEV-91.5 FM, which since 1951 has launched many broadcasting careers and became a popular outlet for fans of jazz music and UE sports.

An email from UE's Office of University Relations says the frequency is being sold to WAY-FM, a nonprofit nationwide network that plays contemporary Christian music. WAY is based in Colorado Springs.

UE students interested in broadcasting will still have opportunities to hone their craft, according to the email. The message was sent to the campus community.

UE's announcement confirming the sale was not posted on the university's official social media pages, and it was made two weeks after the campus emptied for the summer following graduation ceremonies.

Read more: https://www.courierpress.com/story/news/2019/05/17/its-official-ue-selling-wuev-radio-christian-broadcast-network/3707344002/
(Evansville Ccurier Press)

1 replies, 371 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply University of Evansville selling WUEV frequency to contemporary Christian music network (Original post)
TexasTowelie May 2019 OP
Chipper Chat May 2019 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Mon May 20, 2019, 06:37 AM

1. It is a Methodist school.

Last edited Mon May 20, 2019, 08:00 AM - Edit history (1)

But sad to see the jazz go. When I bought my first car, a VW Beetle, in 1963 I loved listening to their "featured Broadway musical" on Saturday nights. I even remember my first one I heard - The Boys From Syracuse." It was a rainy night and I sat in the UofE parking lot and listened for an hour.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread