HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Indiana (Group) » Indiana Man Hospitalized ...

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 02:05 PM

Indiana Man Hospitalized After Police Shootout, Long Pursuit

KENDALLVILLE, Ind. (AP) ó A man who fled a traffic stop was hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with officers early Thursday following a police pursuit through several northern Indiana counties, state police said.

Justin Robert Weikel, 40, was taken into custody about 1:45 a.m. in Kendallville by SWAT team officers with Fort Wayne police and transported to a local hospital, Indiana State Police said.

The nature and extent of Weikel's injuries, including whether he was shot or suffered another type of injury, were not immediately known, state police spokesman Sgt. Brian Walker said. Weikel was reported in stable condition as of about 8 a.m., he said.

No officers or civilians were injured in the incident, which began about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday after Weikel, a resident of the unincorporated Noble County town of LaOtto, was stopped by Fort Wayne officers for reckless driving.

Read more: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/indiana/articles/2021-04-22/indiana-man-hospitalized-after-police-shootout-long-pursuit

4 replies, 514 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Indiana Man Hospitalized After Police Shootout, Long Pursuit (Original post)
TexasTowelie Apr 22 OP
EYESORE 9001 Apr 22 #1
getagrip_already Apr 22 #2
IrishAfricanAmerican Apr 22 #3
abqtommy Apr 22 #4

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 02:14 PM

1. I know that area well

Red as...well, itís infrared. I called that town Kendall-Tucky-Ville. So rural that I had to pull over to the side of the road and take a dump in a cornfield on more than one occasion. Not the best admission on Earth Day, but we all do what we gotta doo, right?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 02:19 PM

2. exchanged gunfire and lived.....

Need I even ask?

Reply to this post

Response to getagrip_already (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 03:36 PM

3. Say her name...

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 22, 2021, 03:59 PM

4. Is Indiana Man related to New Jersey Man and Florida Man by family ties?

Asking for a friend...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread