HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Kansas (Group) » Study recommending $2 bil...

Wed Mar 21, 2018, 03:17 AM

Study recommending $2 billion for Kansas schools not 'of much value,' lawmaker says

TOPEKA -- A Republican leader says a study that recommends up to $2 billion more for Kansas schools is of no value to him.

"I donít think the study is going to be of much value to the policymakers,Ē Senate Majority Leader Jim Denning, R-Overland Park, said Tuesday. ďI think it was very academic and I think everybodyís in agreement: It pointed to no policy that we could actually implement, nor did they have any implementation recommendations."

"So Iím not happy with the study because I donít think it brings any value to the process."

The Kansas Supreme Court has ruled funding for schools is unconstitutionally inadequate. The court has given the Legislature until April 30 to respond.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/latest-news/article206111634.html

1 replies, 599 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Study recommending $2 billion for Kansas schools not 'of much value,' lawmaker says (Original post)
TexasTowelie Mar 2018 OP
SWBTATTReg Mar 2018 #1

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Wed Mar 21, 2018, 09:54 AM

1. and so you can't get up off the couch and fix the problem anyway?

Since you all (the gop in KS) started / caused the problem by constantly cutting the budget again and again. So perhaps instead of paying for another study (or studies), why don't you go home, study where you cut the budget back to bare bones over the last 5-10 years, and maybe, just maybe you'll then discover why you have a problem and where it came from.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread