HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Kansas (Group) » 'Parody marriages': Kansa...

Thu Feb 14, 2019, 08:28 AM

'Parody marriages': Kansas Republican lawmakers' bills attacks same-sex relationships as fake

Bob Brigham 14 FEB 2019 AT 00:10 ET

Republican legislators in Kansas are continuing to attack same-sex couples despite the United States Supreme Court decision recognizing marriage equality.

“A handful of Kansas lawmakers are backing a bill that labels same-sex marriages ‘parody marriages’ and seeks to stop the state from recognizing them,” The Wichita Eagle reports.

“Another bill would create an ‘elevated marriage’ for straight couples and make divorce more difficult in some cases. That bill also describes same-sex marriages as parody marriages,” the Eagle noted.

The bills were introduced only months after Kansas elected the state’s first openly gay legislators.

“I am very disappointed,” said Rep. Susan Ruiz (D-Shawnee), the state’s first out lesbian in the chamber.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/parody-marriages-kansas-republican-lawmakers-bills-attacks-sex-relationships-fake/

2 replies, 874 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'Parody marriages': Kansas Republican lawmakers' bills attacks same-sex relationships as fake (Original post)
workinclasszero Feb 2019 OP
RKP5637 Feb 2019 #1
Maxheader Feb 2019 #2

Response to workinclasszero (Original post)

Thu Feb 14, 2019, 08:41 AM

1. Often I'm starting to think being republican is a mental disorder caused by over-active areas in the

brain resulting in paranoid and fearful delusions, and dogmatic beliefs, basically an over-active distorted amygdala.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to workinclasszero (Original post)

Fri Feb 15, 2019, 08:20 AM

2. You've got straights, you've got gays,

in positions of power now in the kansaas govt..

Lets see how they use their leverage...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread