HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maryland (Group) » Maryland Senate Democrats...

Thu Feb 18, 2016, 04:45 PM

Maryland Senate Democrats/Hogan likened legislators to kids on spring break.

"The governor's remarks drew a vehement response from Senator Bobby Zirkin, a Baltimore County lawmaker who is known as the less partisan Democrats in the Senate.

Zirkin took the floor to recount the hours of heart-wrenching testimony on serious issues the Judicial Proceedings Committee, which he chairs, had sat through in recent days.

"I don't recall there being a spring break from college," Zirkin said. "I'm insulted and I think every one of us should be insulted.
Zirkin said Hogan owes the Senate, the House of Delegates and the citizens of Maryland "yet another apology."

"If the governor doesn't know what we're doing, he should come down and watch a little while," Zirkin said.

After Zirkin spoke, not a single Republican senator rose to defend the governor's comments. Senate Minority Leader J. B. Jennings, a Baltimore County Republican, walked across the chamber and shook Zirkin's hand.

Jennings said he disagreed with Hogan's remarks."

https://www.facebook.com/MDSenate/?fref=nf

2 replies, 913 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Maryland Senate Democrats/Hogan likened legislators to kids on spring break. (Original post)
elleng Feb 2016 OP
BlueMTexpat Feb 2016 #1
elleng Feb 2016 #2

Response to elleng (Original post)

Thu Feb 18, 2016, 04:53 PM

1. Thank God that we have a

Democratic-controlled legislature. Whew!!

Hogan would love to turn MD into Jindal's Louisiana or Brownback's Kansas!

Maryland is a great state, in good measure due to former Gov MOM, and I want it to stay that way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BlueMTexpat (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 18, 2016, 04:58 PM

2. Yes! I'm pleased to see their activity!

We should continue to encourage them!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread