HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maryland (Group) » Congrats Maryland for hav...

Thu Oct 24, 2013, 09:17 PM

Congrats Maryland for having...

... one of the most handsomest representatives in the U.S. Congress: John Sarbanes (D-MD-03)

Caught a glimpse of him today on Cspan during the House's ACA website hearing.

7 replies, 1609 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Thu Oct 24, 2013, 09:20 PM

1. Glad you like him!

Not my rep, but not bad!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to elleng (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 24, 2013, 09:32 PM

3. Finally I found a VIDEO clip of him from the hearing today...

Can't tell if he has a little salt and pepper in his hair or if it's just the reflection of the lights - if he doesn't now then he will in a few years and then he will be just perfect LOL

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 24, 2013, 09:25 PM

2. He was my representative until the 2012 redistricting. I was happy to have Elijah Cummings as

my new representative!!

Since moving to Ohio, my rep is Joyce Beatty (D-3)!!

Reply to this post

Response to madinmaryland (Reply #2)

Thu Oct 24, 2013, 09:39 PM

4. Years ago up near Dallas Joe Barton (R-06) was my rep, now in Houston it's Culberson (R-07)

I'm jealous of folks that are lucky to have Democratic reps

Reply to this post

Response to Tx4obama (Reply #4)

Thu Oct 24, 2013, 10:00 PM

5. I grew up in a solid repub district and by the time I started voting, Michael Oxley (R) had just

taken his seat in the US Congress. Other than having Christopher Shays as my rep for a few years in CT, I have had Democratic reps most of my adult life. OTOH, Joe Lieberman was my Senator for 16 years, until I left. I even voted for his republican opponent in 1988 (Lowell Weicker). I did draw the line in 2000 when Lieberman's opponent for the Senate seat ended up getting convicted for pedophilia.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 24, 2013, 11:53 PM

6. AND a champion for campaign finance reform

http://johnsarbanes.nationbuilder.com/petition

The Grassroots Democracy Act (H.R. 268)
(Reintroduced by Congressman John Sarbanes on January 15, 2013)

WHEREAS, The influence of big money and special interests on our politics is undermining the trust of the American people in their government; and

WHEREAS, Congressional lawmakers are becoming increasingly dependent on moneyed special interests to help underwrite the exorbitant costs of campaigns, with the result that public policy too often tilts in the direction of the special interest and away from the public interest; and

WHEREAS, It is time to create a system of funding campaigns that will multiply the power of the grassroots donor and fight back against big money and Super PACs;

NOW THEREFORE, We the undersigned call upon members of Congress to pass the Grassroots Democracy Act, which will:

Provide a refundable tax credit for citizen contributions to Congressional campaigns.
Provide a multiple match on all grassroots donations to Congressional candidates who agree to forego PAC funding and build a network of grassroots donors.
Provide supplemental support to grassroots candidates in races with excessive spending by Super PACs and other outside groups.
Your support will help Congressman Sarbanes make the case to his fellow lawmakers that they should co-sponsor the Grassroots Democracy Act.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 25, 2013, 09:10 AM

7. His Dad was a first rate Senator......

I like living in Maryland.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread