HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Maryland (Group) » At least 3 dead after pla...

Mon Dec 8, 2014, 03:00 PM

At least 3 dead after plane crash damages multiple suburban Maryland homes.

At least three people have been confirmed dead after a small plane crash outside Washington, D.C. that reportedly damaged multiple homes.

The aircraft, reportedly an Embraer Phenom executive jet, crashed in rural Gaithersburg, Maryland, about one mile short of a nearby runway. It had as many as 12 people onboard when it hit the ground at around 10:45 a.m., according to WJLA.

The home directly hit by the twin-engine Phenom is directly in line with the runway at Montgomery County Airpark, according to the station. The aircraft was completely destroyed.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/12/08/as-many-as-12-feared-dead-after-plane-crash-damages-multiple-homes-maryland/21004394/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D577907

2 replies, 1322 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply At least 3 dead after plane crash damages multiple suburban Maryland homes. (Original post)
elleng Dec 2014 OP
BlueJazz Dec 2014 #1
elleng Dec 2014 #2

Response to elleng (Original post)

Mon Dec 8, 2014, 03:07 PM

1. Terrible. People having a wonderful time and then nothing. What can you really say in..

...such tragedies as this.? Life is so precious.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BlueJazz (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 8, 2014, 03:13 PM

2. Yes, little to say,

except I hope the family was not in the house at the time. Time of the crash doesn't appear in the story.

(p.s., I just returned to friend's house in Silver Spring from lunch about a mile from the Montgomery County airport. Saw no evidence of the accident, but wasn't looking for it at the time.)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread