HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Michigan (Group) » we live nearby ... we're ...

Fri Mar 16, 2012, 01:24 PM

we live nearby ... we're ok, and no deaths or serious injuries in Dexter tornado

http://www.annarbor.com/news/dexter-tornado-damage-aftermath-schools/

Tornado aftermath: Cleanup begins in Dexter
Dexter is awaking to the aftermath of a tornado that damaged more than 100 homes Thursday, starting the cleanup process and assessing the damage.

At Huron Farms subdivision, fog covered the neighborhood as people slowly started to converge on the area and the sounds of chainsaws could be heard.

Crews from the Dexter Area Fire Department, cleanup companies like Statewide Disaster Restoration and multiple media outlets were stationed on the edge of the streets were an estimated 68 homes were damaged.

"It's like a war zone in here this morning," said Erin Kennedy.
===============================

i hate to see all the damage, especially the old trees. homes can be rebuilt, 100 year old oaks not so much.

even the little laundromat got blasted ... washers sitting there without the building around them!

2 replies, 1764 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply we live nearby ... we're ok, and no deaths or serious injuries in Dexter tornado (Original post)
Scout Mar 2012 OP
Purveyor Mar 2012 #1
auntAgonist Mar 2012 #2

Response to Scout (Original post)

Fri Mar 16, 2012, 01:46 PM

1. I live in northeast jackson county and sat on the patio watching this storm form. Lots of deep

cloud thunder and that classic 'greenish' hue.

I think it is going to be a rough year.

Take care and our thoughts are with those impacted by this storm.

Godspeed.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Scout (Original post)

Fri Mar 16, 2012, 11:08 PM

2. I live just a couple of miles West of Jackson (city). I work in Ann Arbor/Saline area. It sure was

scary last night.

The ONLY damage done was to my car as it sat in the parking lot at work. Golf ball sized hail made all sorts of dents all over.

As I drove home across I-94 all the power was out at Baker Rd. The truckstops were in total darkness.

I'm very thankful that there were no serious injuries or deaths.

aA
kesha

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread