HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Places » U.S. » Michigan (Group) » What is Gov Whitmer's inv...

Sun May 31, 2020, 07:59 AM

What is Gov Whitmer's involvement regarding the protests in Detroit and other cities?

I haven't seen or heard much of anything from her about it.

I'm sure she has been engaged, just haven't seen anything reported in the Detroit newspapers.

2 replies, 937 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What is Gov Whitmer's involvement regarding the protests in Detroit and other cities? (Original post)
MichMan May 2020 OP
JustABozoOnThisBus May 2020 #1
MichMan May 2020 #2

Response to MichMan (Original post)

Sun May 31, 2020, 10:00 AM

1. She has condemned the killing of George Floyd, and called for swift investigation.

As to the protests in Detroit, Lansing, I'm not sure what involvement is needed from the governor. The protests have been relatively peaceful, a few arrests. Local law enforcement and civic leadership seems to be keeping things orderly.

So far, so good. No resemblance to the summer of '67.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MichMan (Original post)

Sun May 31, 2020, 10:19 AM

2. I guess I was expecting to hear something from her regarding the pandemic

since Detroit has been a hot spot for infections and deaths. I'm concerned that the slow down of new cases we have had under her leadership will now start rising back up again.

I have seen pictures and video of many of the protesters ignoring her sensible orders to wear masks, stay 6 feet apart and not gather in groups of more than ten.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread